Sunday, January 23, 2011

The life and times of a monster...

I can feel this thing move now. It is pretty exciting. I don't feel a "flutter" like most do. It is more like a softball rolling around in my belly. When Vernon talks to my stomach it floats to the top and I look like a snake that swallowed a ball. I loooooooove it.

Some days I look super huge and some days I just look a little fat. The days I look fat are OUT OF CONTROL! I look huge! Some of it may be some poop and pee hanging out in there, or a burrito or two but still. HUGE I'M TELLIN YOU! Did you know that when you get knocked up you have to gain weight? I just can't deal with it yet. I know it sounds really superficial and makes me sound like a bad mom. Let's all face it, as happy as you are about that precious life growing inside you, most of us get pretty pissy. Our hair looses its shine, our teeth change, and you get hair on parts of your body that never happened before. Forget about waxing, I'd rather grab a hot pan. Teeth whitening isn't so much of an answer either.








Alright, so a enough about how selfish and vane I am....


We couldn't be more excited. I can't wait to see him rolling around and drooling all over everything. This is Vernon's "Show my how excited you are to see an ultrasound of the baby" face. I know he looks scared in this picture, but this is how he looks in most pictures. It is awfully close to his "Disneyland" face.





The confusing part about having a baby is all the stuff you have to get. Some of it is sooo tiny and cute like the little socks and shoes. Some of it is soooo giant it takes up all the space in your living room. I got this really awesome play pin/bassinet thing for the baby at work. I got it on clearance and it made me feel really good about myself to save money. Oh and there is a ton of stuff sitting in the top bassinet part. We can't even use half of our home because it is overcome with baby stuff.


But the tiny stuff.... OH MY HECK! I know we have all seen the tiny baby stuff but nothing makes me happier then the tiny spiderman onesie I found. How is it that babies can wear ridiculous patterns and still look so cute? I can't pull of stripped sweat pants, you can't pull of stripped sweat pants, but those chunky baby legs look sooo darn cute in them. My infant son will be able to pick up so many chicks in this outfit.

Vernon won't be able to so much......





4 comments:

  1. SOOOOOO 100 % true about the Joys of Pregnancy in all respects! It's amazing how it can be the worst and best thing all at the same time! You look fabulous! the baby things look great! Let me know if you are short on anything I am baby central! I am constantly inheriting new top of the line baby items! lol... seriously!!!
    Love the blog!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are sooo kind Alyssa! Thank you! You better save all that stuff for Kierty. I'm glad you like the blog. I love your's too! That little girlie is adorable!

    ReplyDelete