I got to spend an evening with Phi while Dax and Jillian went to a movie. We had lots of fun. She is probably the funniest 2 year old I've ever met. Here are some pictures of our journey.
First we had some food. Luckily I have been storing up on children's dinosaur plates/cups/silverware since I've been able to ovulate. She enjoyed her meal on a very cute dino tray. While we were eating Grandma and Grandpa Shillig decided to skype with us! My parents dealing with technology is quite funny, then throw in a 2 year old and it is quite the circus. I got to show my mom my house and my growing belly while Phi got to see Grandma and Grandpa.
We then decided to walk down to the mall that is below my house. They have a really big koi pond there and I figured she would like seeing some fish. I didn't really realize though that a walk that takes me 5 minutes, takes 45 minutes with a two year old.
It was also important that she sat on this bus stop seat. This is her saying "Take my picture at the bus!"
We finally got to the mall area and got distracted by the car/shopping carts. I made the mistake of letting her get in one...
I couldn't get her out. All she wanted to do was play in the car. She didn't want it to move, she just wanted to sit in it and play with the wheel. This is a picture of her saying "Take a picture of the car!" I was finally able to get her out of the darn car after 30 minutes of arguing.... Off to see the fish. I didn't get any pictures, I get nervous to take my camera out when I am near water. Plus those fish are really big, they would have eaten Phi if I wasn't watching...
On the way back through the mall to go home (keep in mind this is 2 hours after we left my house) Phi started noticing that most of the stores play music in them. Phi loves to dance. So we had to stop in every store that was playing music to dance. I almost asked the sales associates to turn off the music a couple of times...
We didn't even make it back home before Dax and Jillian's movie was over. So they came and picked us up otherwise it would have taken us another 2 hours to get home. We had tons of fun though, we tried on shoes, danced, rode cars, threw pennies in fountains, talked to fish, played with knobs at Anthropologie, yelled at a fortune teller, and did some jumping...
Phi often talks about Vernon. It makes me so excited to have my own. I can't wait to spend 3 hours doing nothing with my own little boy.
Ok seriously, really funny post. I love her dancing in the store! I wish we did skype with family.
ReplyDelete