Being pregnant makes me a cranky biatch. Excuse me, but it does. I feel so bad for my husband. There is no way to make me feel better. Sometimes there is a glimmer of hope if I can have some really good food or a nap. This is what I look like when I can't get what I want...
Is it just me or when your husband isn't around things are just harder? I don't know what is wrong with me, for some reason I just can't function as well.
My mission this weekend was to build a headboard. I have been trying to figure out a couple of things here and there to make our house seem more "put together". I am scared to buy furniture because we will be moving soon and because I don't know where we will be moving... what if it doesn't fit well? A little silly, I know. So I decided to build a headboard. I went to Joanne's got my fabric (on clearance) and my batting (on sale) and my backing (50% off coupon). Then I went to Lowe's to pick up some wood and a staple gun. I asked the nice gentleman at Lowes to cut the wood for me which he did ( I think it is because I am starting to look pregnant...) and then he offered to take it to my car (This was probably because my jugs are HUGE) We got to the mercedes and it wouldn't fit..... this put quite the halt on my project. So I had to wait for my husband to come home and pick it up. When I say pick it up I mean Vernon needed to walk to Lowe's and then walk the board back to our apartment. Oh I know what you are thinking, I'm not that mean, we live right across the street from a Lowe's. We got the wood home, without him having to walk it and I put together the headboard that night, in less then an hour!
Finished product: It is white with light white stripes.
When I am not pregnant and able to paint, I will add some black wood trim around the edges. To make it a little more bold.
This is the back. I didn't bother getting fabric to go all the way around it because you won't ever see the back!
It was so easy that I wish I would have been a little more creative with it. I am thinking when we move I will make another one. Something with more pizazz.
All in all my finished project cost less then $50 and it looks really really nice. It is hard to tell in the pictures but it really did turn out great.
great job....maybe for the next have geoff-bill use his super wood cutting skills to make some curvey designs...
ReplyDeleteps...shay here btw
ReplyDelete