I can't seem to keep up... This boy is so busy! My mother once told me not to undo all of the messes he makes. "Those are his chores." she said. It makes sense. Every morning this boy wakes up and goes straight for the DVD cabinet. Pulls them all out. Blankets aren't allowed to be on the couch, toys aren't allowed to be in the toybox, and cherrios are definitely not allowed in their bowl...
This isn't even half as bad as it is on a day that I work. I'm getting pretty tired. I'm working a lot more now, and my responsibilities are a little stressful. I can really only clean up once a day. Before I go to bed I try to make sure a couple rooms are clean. Lately I have been getting out of bed after everyone has gone to sleep. I usually clean up. It's pretty pathetic. I've told my sister that she has to learn how to pick one thing to get done in a day. I feel as mothers we have to pick and choose what is most important to us. Sometimes spending all day on the floor playing with my baby is the most important to me. As you can tell by the pictures...
I sure do love this little boy.
Oh Thank you! You make me feel soooo much better! It does get easier I promise (then you get two or three more and it gets harder again). Keep it up. Let me add one more thing to your rule- Take time for yourself. Even if it's just 15 minutes. Wait til he's asleep or when Vernon is home. Lock yourself in your room, eat a personal size Nutella, whatever you need. You'll be so surprised at the little burst of energy you get. Mostly it just makes you miss the baby more and you leave your room and alone time just to go roll around on the ground and play with him. You're doing great, Mama!
ReplyDeleteLove you Sister.
I always neglect my desk.
ReplyDeleteI always make my bed.
I think you rock.
still working!? that's amazing.
Thanks Jamie! I'm working on it, mostly my time to myself is going to the bathroom by myself! Hah! Caroline, I am still working. I'm totally not succeeding, I'm just failing at more now.
ReplyDelete