Thursday, May 10, 2012

Brush brush brush your teeeeeeeth!


My little boy is already 10 months old! I thought I would try to take a minute and jot down a little bit about him...


  • he WALKS! He started standing and taking steps by himself on May 5th. He really likes to make cinco de mayo eventful.
  • he loooooves to brush his teeth. he grabs the toothbrush sticks it in his mouth, and shakes it back and forth. Sometimes we sing a little song (brush brush brush your teeeth) and he dances
  • Wade dances to just about anything I sing. Usually I sing most things that I am doing... our house is like a broadway musical. Every time I sing, he dances. I love it
  • He climbs up everything! I can't leave the fridge open or else he climbs up to the top shelf. All day he climbs up the tv cabinet.
  • Wade still has the consistent nickname of "Bonzo" or "The Bonz" - I think that one will stick for a while.
  • He's a fish! Wade and I try to go swimming a couple times a day. A good work out for us both! I have to hold on to him tight or he will try to jump off of me. I have let him a couple times just to see how he would react, and he still isn't getting the concept of holding his breath. It will take some time.
  • Speaking of water, Wade still loves to take showers and baths. 
  • He is quite the flirty guy. Anytime he sees a female he goes nuts! He will yell and do this loud fake laugh to get their attention. Then once all eyes are on him he puts on quite a show. Laughing, fake laughing, squealing, and trying to give kisses.
  • Wade finally figured out how to play peek a boo. He thinks it is very funny
  • After 10 months of teaching Wade will say more. Only on his own, anytime I ask him to say more... nada.
  • He sings when he is relaxing/tired - it is really just a very light high pitched tone. I loooove it. 
  • We play a great game called "put stuff in mom's mouth" I don't love this one as much. 
  • Wade still comes to work with me. It is getting pretty difficult and stressful. Hopefully he will start to be more independent though.
  • Please don't judge us, but Wade sleeps in our bed with us for about half of the night. It took me about 8 months to get him to sleep regularly. I'm just happy he is sleeping and Vernon and I don't mind too much. 
  • Again, don't judge me... Wade still wakes up 1-2 times a night. Lately it has been because he is uncomfortable because of teething. Sometimes it is because he wants a bottle. 
  • He points to what he wants or where he wants to go. Lately he has been pointing to pictures on the wall. He really likes it when I tell him who is in the pictures. He taps his fingers on them and makes lots of "oooohhhahaaaa" noises.
  • Still no teeth yet, but there are two little cute buds up top. They finally poked through but just the tips...
  • As much as I hated breastfeeding I am very sad that we are no longer breastfeeding. Our house got a bad stomach flu and I got hit the worst. I was sick for a couple days, unable to take care of Wade. Thank goodness for family close by. While I was sick my milk dried up and no matter what I did, I couldn't get enough back. I am kind of alright with it though because he was getting very bossy. Sometimes he would just take my breast out of my shirt. Totally inappropriate.... So we are doing formula! 
  • I dislike formula, Wade seems to like it. He loves the freedom of a bottle. He still won't eat much solid food though. Some days are better then others.
Here are some pictures!











1 comment:

  1. no judgement here
    I love that top picture so much.
    cute post
    where do you work?

    ReplyDelete